February 12th, 2013
1. The name ‘gleepface’ doesn’t actually mean anything. I had to pick a screen name when I was 12 years old, decided that the first random thing that came into my head would do, and it stuck. I couldn’t think of any beauty related blog titles that were unique, and didn’t want to change my twitter, so gleepface.com was born.
2. I really struggle when asked to pick my ‘favourite’ things. If you asked me what my favourite food, film, tv show, genre of music etc was I couldn’t give you an answer because I just love EVERYTHING.
3. From the age of about 5 until I was around 14 years old, I think 75% of my time was spent with my nose in a book.
4. I got every question except one correct on my theory test, and passed my driving test first time, despite doing 30 in a 20 zone. I guess nobody noticed. It still took me the best part of two years to be able to parallel park, though!
5. I love crime TV shows, and reading about serial killers. I just find it fascinating. But then I did REALLY love the Secret Seven when I was a kid, sooo…
6. When I was a little kid I very resolutely decided that purple is my favourite colour, and 4 and 7 are my favourite numbers. I haven’t changed my mind since. I guess I do have SOME favourites.
7. I used to love climbing up everything. I’d climb enormous trees that were hundreds of years old and about 4 stories tall, right to the top, I’d climb up the face of walls if I could, big rocks… anything.
8. I used to keep a diary religiously. I would write down exactly what happened every single day before bed. I even took my diaries on school trips! Risky…
9. I went to a Steiner School (two in fact) and it was definitely the best experience of my life. I loved learning, I even loved maths! I learnt how to make just about everything from a rug, to a sword, to a hut, and I am devastated that when I moved I had to go to a standard shitty High School because the one in my area didn’t go up to my year. I hated High School so much that I just refused to go. My attendance was so ridiculously low it’s a miracle social services weren’t involved. I don’t have the best health in the world, so I think they let me off a bit. The only thing I still enjoyed was English, because I had a good teacher. My lack of showing up did me no harm, however, and I came out of my GCSE’s with As Bs and Cs under my belt (As in English, of course) and didn’t fail anything at all.
10. I love my own space, but I can’t sleep by myself.
11. I’m becoming a bit of a home girl in my ‘old age’, and I don’t really enjoy going out any more. I think I must have got it all out of my system when I was 18 because I’d much rather just sit in the pub with my friends than stick to the floor in some delightful venue full of what appear to be children out on the pull.
12. I have really wide feet, but only at the front, which makes it basically impossible for me to wear heels because my feet fall out at the back. Heeled boots are my saviours.
13. I am really really into trance, dubstep, and drum and bass. I also really like power metal, death metal, and Taylor Swift. And just about everything in between.
14. I crush on girls in films and TV shows way more than I do the hunks. I think this mostly has something to do with the fact that I want to BE these flawless airbrushed creatures.
15. I have three tattoos, and I would absolutely LOVE more, but although I have had an idea in mind for the past 6 years, I also really like to be sure about these things and I would need to get an amazing artist to design and redesign it about 10 times before I would commit to it.
16. I am obsessed with interiors. I used to want to be an interior designer until I realised it would probably involve going to University and things. If I could afford to I would absolutely love to completely redo my entire house.
17. I am a bit of a hoarder, and I am not very tidy, but I HATE mess. I just find it hard to get rid of things.
18. I love Summer. I instantly feel happy when the sun is shining!
19. I always feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day. I would love nothing more than to be a lady of leisure. Or just have a ridiculously well paid part time job.
20. I was a vegetarian for 8 long years. I must have really confused my mum when I went from loving nothing more than a good steak, to declaring that I wouldn’t eat anything that had once been alive. I’m super glad that phase is over, although 8 years is a pretty long phase.
21. I still get ID’d for the lottery, but I don’t remember the last time I got ID’d for alcohol. It happens all the time and I really don’t understand.
22. When I was 4 years old, I got two kittens for my birthday. One of them sadly passed away just before new year of 2011, but his sister is still with me, and will be 19 on Valentines Day! I really really love cats, and obviously my cats are/were the best cats in the world.
23. Me and my family went on a road trip around Europe when I was in my early teens, and I have also been to pretty much everywhere there is to go in Scotland. I was born in Edinburgh and it’s one of my favourite places.
24. I always need to know everything about everything, and if I don’t have a plan I get really bad anxiety to the point where I can’t eat. It’s a little extreme.
25. The sound of gunfire sends me to sleep. I literally have to fight to stay awake and I rarely manage. This is pretty annoying sometimes, if I find myself nodding off during a film at a particularly action packed scene that I actually really wanted to watch. I do really enjoy taking naps while my boyfriend plays COD, though.